Can You Really Make Money Online?
Can you really make money online? The short answer is, of course! However, it’s hard. You really need to have a certain type of mentality to earn a living online year after year. You think the possibility of getting laid off is stressful?
At least with a job, you get an advanced noticed before they let you go. With an internet business, you could be on top of the world one day and thinking about applying for welfare the next day.
There are obviously ways to decrease the risk of losing everything overnight but with business, you just never know.
- The affiliate program you’re making bank off of could decide to close tomorrow.
- You could be earning money from a huge company like Amazon and see that all go away because some douche bag law makers decided to do something stupid and force Amazon to terminate you along with all of the other associates in your state.
- You can have a membership site based around a business model that can quickly become obsolete.
- You can have a mailing list with thousands of subscribers, make one wrong move of promoting a crappy product and have tons of people ruin your name by calling you a scammer and end up on Salty Droid.
- Your Google rankings you’ve worked so hard to obtain could drop like a rock, overnight, yup, just like that. You could be earnings hundreds a day and see it shrink to a few bucks a day in a very short time
Is it fair? C’mon, who said life is fair? But it’s just something you’re going to have to learn to deal with in this business. This is one of the main reasons why so many people get into this game and are out within a year or two.
The ones who never make much money are actually the lucky ones. They don’t know what they’re missing out on to begin with. If you built up an income of a few thousand dollars a month and lose it all and quit, you’ll always know in the back of your mind just what’s possible. That feeling of succeeding and then having it all taken away from you, it’s definitely a unique experience.
I talk a lot about creating residual income on this blog but the truth is that I have no idea where this type of business will be 10, 20, 50 years from now. Will people even be using search engines 10 years from now? Who knows? All I can do now is to focus on making as much as I can, save that money, invest in other businesses, and hope for the best because what’s the alternative?
Get a job?